World Blogbraries

This is a blog for Dominican University's Internet Publishing class to discuss the reworking of World Libraries.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wha?

Okay, as some of you know our HTML mark up, when posted to the server, looks nothing like the rest of the journal, specifically the font of the entire article, main heading font, and abstract font. Compare the our articles (V4N1Koh, V4N1Rosenberg, and V4N2Richards) with a current article like this one. The same holds true for the print versions of our articles.

I looked at my source code and the source code from the current article. There are two major differences between the two:


1. Our template is missing the tag linking the article back to the style sheet. Follow this link and look six lines down for the tag beginning with "link" and ends with "css".

2. Our template has a different "charset" in the first META tag. Follow this link and look five lines down for the tag beginning with "meta http-equiv" Our charset is "iso-8859-1". The other charset is "windows-1252".

The same holds true for the print source codes.

So I inserted the missing tag and changed the charset and nothing changed.

For "fun" I copied the source code to a current article, saved it to Notebook on my desktop (both a computer at school and my laptop). The current article experiences the same font problems as our articles.

So I tried...I'm thinking there might be something wrong with the style sheet which in that case Ed will have to figure it out himself since we don't access to those sheets. Does any one else have any ideas?

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Katy said...

Interestingly, I didn't even use the template when I coded my article. I took a current-issue article, stripped the text out of the tags, and inserted my text. Technically, the tags should all have been the same, therefore.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Joy Austria said...

Not much of it was left. So I figured, "Meh...who needs to be sane?"

But we'll bring it up tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home